IMPRODUCT function: Description, Usage, Syntax, Examples and Explanation
What is IMPRODUCT function in Excel?
IMPRODUCT function is one of Engineering functions in Microsoft Excel that returns the product of 1 to 255 complex numbers in x + yi or x + yj text format.
Syntax of IMPRODUCT function
IMPRODUCT(inumber1, [inumber2], …)
The IMPRODUCT function syntax has the following arguments:
- Inumber1, [inumber2], … Inumber1 is required, subsequent inumbers are not. 1 to 255 complex numbers to multiply.
IMPRODUCT formula explanantion
- Use COMPLEX to convert real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- The product of two complex numbers is:
Example of IMPRODUCT function
Steps to follow:
1. Open a new Excel worksheet.
2. Copy data in the following table below and paste it in cell A1
Note: For formulas to show results, select them, press F2 key on your keyboard and then press Enter.
You can adjust the column widths to see all the data, if need be.
|=IMPRODUCT(“3+4i”,”5-3i”)||Product of two complex numbers||27+11i|
|=IMPRODUCT(“1+2i”,30)||Product of a complex number and 30||30+60i|