Nowadays, many jobs require basic Excel skills
Based on millions of job listings ranging from Administrative Assistant, Financial Analyst, Cost Estimator, Information Clerk, Sales Manager, Accountants, Auditors and more on various recruitment sites, there has been a marked increase in the demand for baseline computer skills especially basic Excel.
You may also like: Free Test Questions and Answers
Excel is a massive application with 1000s of features and 100s of ribbon (menu) commands. It is very easy to get lost once you open Excel. So one of the basic survival skills is to understand how to navigate Excel and access the features you are looking for xlsoffice.com got you covered.
Starting from the Basic Excel skills which include;
- Getting familiar with Excel ribbons and the User Interface (UI),
- Ability to enter and format data,
- Calculate totals and summaries through formulas,
- Highlight data that meets certain conditions,
- Creating simple reports & charts,
- Understanding the importance of keyboard shortcuts and productivity tricks.
To USING EXCEL PRODUCTIVELY
It is not enough to know various features of Excel. As a beginner, it helps to know how to use Excel productively. This includes knowing important keyboard shortcuts, mouse shortcuts, work-around, Function Keys f1 – f12 , Excel customizations & how to make everything looks slick.