Syntax of IMSUB function
The IMSUB function syntax has the following arguments:
- Inumber1: The complex number from which to subtract inumber2.
- Inumber2: The complex number to subtract from inumber1.
IMSUB formula explanation
- Use COMPLEX to convert real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- The difference of two complex numbers is:
Example of IMSUB function
Steps to follow:
1. Open a new Excel worksheet.
2. Copy data in the following table below and paste it in cell A1
Note: For formulas to show results, select them, press F2 key on your keyboard and then press Enter.
You can adjust the column widths to see all the data, if need be.
|=IMSUB(“13+4i”,”5+3i”)||Difference between the two complex numbers in the formula.||8+i|