What is IMLN function in Excel?
IMLN function is one of Engineering functions in Microsoft Excel that returns the natural logarithm of a complex number in x + yi or x + yj text format.
Syntax of IMLN function
The IMLN function syntax has the following arguments:
- Inumber: A complex number for which you want the natural logarithm.
IMLN formula explanation
- Use COMPLEX to convert real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- The natural logarithm of a complex number is:
Example of IMLN function
Steps to follow:
1. Open a new Excel worksheet.
2. Copy data in the following table below and paste it in cell A1
Note: For formulas to show results, select them, press F2 key on your keyboard and then press Enter.
You can adjust the column widths to see all the data, if need be.
|=IMLN(“3+4i”)||Natural logarithm of 3+4i||1.6094379124341+0.927295218001612i|