What is ODD function in Excel?
ODD function is one of the Math and Trig functions in Microsoft Excel that returns number rounded up to the nearest odd integer.
Syntax of ODD function
The ODD function syntax has the following arguments:
- Number: The value to round.
ODD formula explanation
- If number is nonnumeric, ODD returns the #VALUE! error value.
- Regardless of the sign of number, a value is rounded up when adjusted away from zero. If number is an odd integer, no rounding occurs.
Example of ODD function
Steps to follow:
1. Open a new Excel worksheet.
2. Copy data in the following table below and paste it in cell A1
Note: For formulas to show results, select them, press F2 key on your keyboard and then press Enter.
You can adjust the column widths to see all the data, if need be.
|=ODD(1.5)||Rounds 1.5 up to the nearest odd integer.||3|
|=ODD(3)||Rounds 3 up to the nearest odd integer.||3|
|=ODD(2)||Rounds 2 up to the nearest odd integer.||3|
|=ODD(-1)||Rounds -1 up to the nearest odd integer.||-1|
|=ODD(-2)||Rounds -2 up (away from 0) to the nearest odd integer.||-3|