IMSIN function: Description, Usage, Syntax, Examples and Explanation
What is IMSIN function in Excel?
IMSIN function is one of Engineering functions in Microsoft Excel that returns the sine of a complex number in x + yi or x + yj text format.
Syntax of IMSIN function
The IMSIN function syntax has the following arguments:
- Inumber: A complex number for which you want the sine.
IMSIN formula explanation
- Use COMPLEX to convert real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- The sine of a complex number is:
Example of IMSIN function
Steps to follow:
1. Open a new Excel worksheet.
2. Copy data in the following table below and paste it in cell A1
Note: For formulas to show results, select them, press F2 key on your keyboard and then press Enter.
You can adjust the column widths to see all the data, if need be.
|=IMSIN(“4+3i”)||Returns the sine of a complex number, 4+3i.||-7.61923172032141-6.548120040911i|