IMCOT function: Description, Usage, Syntax, Examples and Explanation
What is IMCOT function in Excel?
IMCOT function is one of Engineering functions in Microsoft Excel that returns the cotangent of a complex number in x+yi or x+yj text format.
Syntax of IMCOT function
The IMCOT function syntax has the following arguments.
Inumber: A complex number for which you want the cotangent.
IMCOT formula explanation
- Use COMPLEX to convert real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- If inumber is a value that is not in the x+yi or x+yj text format, IMCOT returns the #NUM! error value.
- If inumber is a logical value, IMCOT returns the #VALUE! error value.
Example of IMCOT function
Steps to follow:
1. Open a new Excel worksheet.
2. Copy data in the following table below and paste it in cell A1
Note: For formulas to show results, select them, press F2 key on your keyboard and then press Enter.
You can adjust the column widths to see all the data, if need be.
|=IMCOT(“4+3i”)||Returns the cotangent of a complex number, 4+3i.||0.00490118239430447-0.999266927805902i|