What is PHI function in Excel?
Syntax of PHI function
The PHI function syntax has the following arguments.
- X: X is the number for which you want the density of the standard normal distribution.
Explanation of PHI function
- If x is a numeric value that is not valid, PHI returns the #NUM! error value.
- If x is using a data type that is not valid, such as a nonnumeric value, PHI returns the #VALUE! error value.
Example of PHI function
Steps to follow:
1. Open a new Excel worksheet.
2. Copy data in the following table below and paste it in cell A1
Note: For formulas to show results, select them, press F2 key on your keyboard and then press Enter.
You can adjust the column widths to see all the data, if need be.
|=PHI(0.75)||The value of the density function for a standard normal distribution.||0.301137432|