What is GAMMALN.PRECISE function in Excel?
Syntax of GAMMALN.PRECISE function
The GAMMALN.PRECISE function syntax has the following arguments:
- X Required. The value for which you want to calculate GAMMALN.PRECISE.
GAMMALN.PRECISE formula explanation
- If x is nonnumeric, GAMMALN.PRECISE returns the #VALUE! error value.
- If x ≤ 0, GAMMALN.PRECISE returns the #NUM! error value.
- The number e raised to the GAMMALN.PRECISE(i) power, where i is an integer, returns the same result as (i – 1)!.
- GAMMALN.PRECISE is calculated as follows:GAMMALN.PRECISE = LN(Γ(x))where:
Example of GAMMALN.PRECISE function
Steps to follow:
1. Open a new Excel worksheet.
2. Copy data in the following table below and paste it in cell A1
Note: For formulas to show results, select them, press F2 key on your keyboard and then press Enter.
You can adjust the column widths to see all the data, if need be.
|=GAMMALN.PRECISE(4)||Natural logarithm of the gamma function at 4||1.7917595|