What is IMPOWER function in Excel?
IMPOWER function is one of Engineering functions in Microsoft Excel that returns a complex number in x + yi or x + yj text format raised to a power.
Syntax of IMPOWER function
The IMPOWER function syntax has the following arguments:
- Inumber: A complex number you want to raise to a power.
- Number: The power to which you want to raise the complex number.
IMPOWER formula explanation
- Use COMPLEX to convert real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- If number is nonnumeric, IMPOWER returns the #VALUE! error value.
- Number can be an integer, fractional, or negative.
- A complex number raised to a power is calculated as follows:where:and:and:
Example of IMPOWER function
Steps to follow:
1. Open a new Excel worksheet.
2. Copy data in the following table below and paste it in cell A1
Note: For formulas to show results, select them, press F2 key on your keyboard and then press Enter.
You can adjust the column widths to see all the data, if need be.
|=IMPOWER(“2+3i”, 3)||2+3i raised to the power of 3 (-46 + 9i)||-46+9.00000000000001i|