What is IMDIV function in Excel?
IMDIV function is one of Engineering functions in Microsoft Excel that returns the quotient of two complex numbers in x + yi or x + yj text format.
Syntax of IMDIV function
The IMDIV function syntax has the following arguments:
- Inumber1: The complex numerator or dividend.
- Inumber2: The complex denominator or divisor.
IMDIV formula explanation
- Use COMPLEX to convert real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- The quotient of two complex numbers is:
Example of IMDIV function
Steps to follow:
1. Open a new Excel worksheet.
2. Copy data in the following table below and paste it in cell A1
Note: For formulas to show results, select them, press F2 key on your keyboard and then press Enter.
You can adjust the column widths to see all the data, if need be.
|Quotient of the two complex numbers in the formula.