Thermometer chart shows you how much of a goal has been achieved.
This example teaches you how to create a thermometer chart in Excel.
Working with sales record in the table below;
To create a thermometer chart, execute the following steps.
1. Select cell B16.
Note: adjacent cells should be empty.
2. On the Insert tab, in the Charts group, click the Column symbol.
3. Click Clustered Column.
Further customize the chart.
4. Remove the chart tile and the horizontal axis.
5. Right click the blue bar, click Format Data Series and change the Gap Width to 0%.
6. Change the width of the chart.
7. Right click the percentages on the chart, click Format Axis, fix the minimum bound to 0, the maximum bound to 1 and set the Major tick mark type to Outside.