IMLOG2 function: Description, Usage, Syntax, Examples and Explanation
What is IMLOG2 function in Excel?
IMLOG2 function is one of Engineering functions in Microsoft Excel that returns the base-2 logarithm of a complex number in x + yi or x + yj text format.
Syntax of IMLOG2 function
The IMLOG2 function syntax has the following arguments:
- Inumber: A complex number for which you want the base-2 logarithm.
IMLOG2 formula explanation
- Use COMPLEX to convert real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- The base-2 logarithm of a complex number can be calculated from the natural logarithm as follows:
Example of IMLOG2 function
Steps to follow:
1. Open a new Excel worksheet.
2. Copy data in the following table below and paste it in cell A1
Note: For formulas to show results, select them, press F2 key on your keyboard and then press Enter.
You can adjust the column widths to see all the data, if need be.
|=IMLOG2(“3+4i”)||Base-2 logarithm of 3+4i||2.32192809488736+1.33780421245098i|