IMARGUMENT function: Description, Usage, Syntax, Examples and Explanation
What is IMARGUMENT function in Excel?
IMARGUMENT function is one of Engineering functions in Microsoft Excel that returns the argument (theta), an angle expressed in radians, such that:
Syntax of IMARGUMENT function
The IMARGUMENT function syntax has the following arguments:
- Inumber: A complex number for which you want the argument .
IMARGUMENT formula explanation
- Use COMPLEX to convert real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- IMARGUMENT is calculated as follows:where:
z = x + yi
Example of IMARGUMENT function
Steps to follow:
1. Open a new Excel worksheet.
2. Copy data in the following table below and paste it in cell A1
Note: For formulas to show results, select them, press F2 key on your keyboard and then press Enter.
You can adjust the column widths to see all the data, if need be.
|=IMARGUMENT(“3+4i”)||Theta argument of 3+4i, in radians||0.92729522|